Cobb County...Where the Fun is!
The very best of Atlanta is right here in Cobb County! Cobb County is a thriving blend of the best entertainment Atlanta has to offer, from big attractions, historic sites, sports, shopping, dining, cultural arts, outdoor and adventure. Cobb County will indulge you with its diverse sights, sounds and sensations...all within 10 minutes of downtown Atlanta.
- Cobb County is a lively county located 10 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta
- Marietta is the county seat; other municipalities are Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Smyrna and Powder Springs
- Cobb County is serviced by Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Cobb County is a mere 20 miles from the Airport
- Taxi Fare from the airport is approximately $35-$45 per person one way
- McCollum Field is located in Cobb County, with more than 500 corporate and pleasure aircraft departing and arriving daily
- Interstate 75 north/south runs through the county. I-285 circles Atlanta and intersects in southeastern Cobb County. I-20 east/west passes through the southern tip of the county.
- Cobb County offers a large variety of shopping opportunities and a large selection of fine restaurants.
- Cobb County offers more than 13,000 guest rooms in more than 116 properties, ranging from luxurious high-rise hotels and comfortable suites to friendly motels and quaint bed and breakfast inns.
- Cobb County attractions consist of:
Over 500 restaurants
Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
Dobbins Air Reserve Base
Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags White Water
Sun Valley Beach
Southern Museum of Civil War & Locomotive History
Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum
Marietta Museum of History
Marietta/Cobb Art Museum
36 Public Parks
7 Golf Courses
Aviation Museum of Marietta (opening in Fall 2009)
View our 2013 Insight and Economic Development Guides.
For more visitor information, please visit Cobb Travel & Tourism.