The Woman of Distinction award will be given annually by Cobb Executive Women at the Cobb Chamber’s First Monday Breakfast in May to recognize a woman who has demonstrated exceptional leadership through her professional endeavors, community involvement and social responsibility thereby supporting and advancing their community and respective fields.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Have not been a previous recipient of the Woman of Distinction Award.
- Have a minimum of 5 years history of promoting or supporting women in the workplace, not exclusive to Cobb.
- Must currently live or work in Cobb County.
- Must be members of the Cobb Chamber of Commerce.
- Must meet the membership qualifications for Cobb Executive Women (CEW). Membership in CEW is not required.
Criteria for CEW Membership:
Membership is open to Cobb Chamber of Commerce members who are executives in or more of the following categories:
- Executive Management - Must manage a budget and/or team
- Professional Occupations - Licensed Professional such as an M.D., C.P.A., or J.D. as determined and verified by the Professional Board in Georgia for that particular field
- Business Owners - Must be registered with the secretary of state and have a valid business license
- Professional Occupation wherein employment responsibilities include significant company-wide impact in the areas of sales, marketing and/or substantial financial responsibility and are coupled with significant community contributions as reflected on prospective member’s application
- Elected or Appointed Officials
Nominations are now open!
Nominations for the 2017 award are now open! To nominate someone for this award, please complete the online form. All nominations must be submitted Monday, April 3, 2017.
For more information, contact Maddie Nachtmann at 770-859-2353 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the 2016 Award Winner
Congratulations to Devereux Georgia’s Medical Director Yolanda Graham, MD, for winning the 2016 Woman of Distinction Award!
Yolanda Graham, MD, serves as Devereux Georgia’s Medical Director and was previously the Medical Director at Youth Villages, Inner Harbour campus. Dr. Graham is Board certified in general psychiatry and child & adolescent psychiatry. Dr. Graham completed undergraduate studies at Cornell University and received her medical degree at the State University of New York at Buffalo. She completed her residency and fellowship at Emory University. Dr. Graham is an Associate Clinical Professor at Emory University and Morehouse School of Medicine.
Dr. Graham has received national recognition for her expertise in treating children who have been commercially sexually exploited and traumatized. Sought out as an expert in her field, she worked with the Georgia Governor’s Office to develop a statewide response to address the needs of child sex trafficking victims. She provided clinical oversight and treatment services to residents at Angela’s House, the first safe house for exploited girls in the southeast region. Dr. Graham provided clinical input in the development of The STRIVE RESPECT Group Curriculum, which was developed specifically for the treatment of sexually exploited children in residential and group home settings.
Dr. Graham is a member of numerous societies, serving as Treasurer of the Georgia Psychiatric Physician’s Association and Past President of the Georgia Council on Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She is a current member of the Georgia Physician’s Leadership Academy through the Medical Association of Georgia.
Dr. Graham lives in Atlanta with her partner and 2 children.
Lifetime Achievement Award
|Bill Kinney, Marietta Daily Journal
Glass Ceiling Award
|Ed Baker, Atlanta Business Chronicle
Ron Francis, Charter Bank
Gen. Terry Whitnell, Dobbins Air Reserve Base
Don Robertson, The Walker School
Bill Byrne, Cobb County Commission
Eleanor Davis, Crawford & Company
Shelia Buckner, Cobb County Government
Tom Hill, WellStar Health System
Gwynn Ross, Galleria Specialty Mall
Sheila Blake, WellStar Health System
Larry E. Collier, SunTrust Bank
William P. Kane, Dobbins Air Reserve Base
Ron R. Koger, Southern Polytechnic State University
Brent Brown, Chesley Brown International
Dr. Harlon Crimm, Chattahoochee Technical College
Dr. Lisa Rossbacher, Southern Polytechnic State University
Joe Daniell, United Community Bank (ret.)
Fred Bentley, Jr., Bentley, Bentley & Bentley
Bonnie Cole, United Way of Metro Atlanta
Sam Olens, Sam Olens for Attorney General
Jeri Barr, Center for Family Resources
Lisa Crossman, Cobb & Douglas Public Health
Kathy Schwaig, Kennesaw State University
Woman of Distinction Award
|Shan Cooper, Lockheed Martin
Judge Mary Staley, Cobb County Superior Court
Dr. Yolanda Graham, Devereux Georgia Treatment Network