Cobb County: an area that offers unparalleled quality of life, dynamic economic opportunities, beauty, cultural excitment, history and so much more. The Cobb Chamber of Commerce works to maintain a healthy economy throughout Cobb County.
View our 2013 Insight and Economic Development Guides.
- Cobb County is a vibrant community in the northwest part of metro Atlanta. Marietta is the county seat; other municipalities are Acworth, Austell, Kennesaw, Smyrna and Powder Springs.
- Cobb's population is 709,110*. Careful planning has built a solid infrastructure. Cobb Community Transit (CCT) operates a bus system, and major road improvements are underway.
- College-educated residents make up more than 42 percent* of the population. Seven Colleges and Universities serve the area along with numerous private schools and two top-ranked public school systems.
- Cobb has a median household income of $66,187*.
- Cobb County is home to more than 350 international firms; many have their U.S. headquarters located in Cobb.
- Most jobs are in the service industry with retail and manufacturing close behind. The county's largest single employer is The Home Depot with 20,000 employees and Cobb County Schools is second with 15,240 employees.
- Examples of recent economic acceleration in Cobb include the redevelopment of several shopping and dining districts along with the creation of world-class performing arts venues.
- The Cobb Galleria Centre, along with more than 13,000 hotel rooms throughout the county, welcomes conventions, trade shows and business meetings. Fine restaurants, quality shopping areas, historic attractions, Six Flags and White Water theme parks, as well as the new Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, lure vacationers and travelers year round.
- Two major daily newspapers, the Marietta Daily Journal and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, serve the area along with numerous other community and business publications.
* Note: Demographic figures are based on 2009 estimates.